Since August 2017 all students and staff at University of Portsmouth have had access to Lynda.com, an online, on-demand learning resource designed to help users gain new technical, business and creative skills.
Lynda.com can be used in numerous ways. A student, for example, might use it as part of their course, or to learn additional skills such as Excel. A member of staff might use it for personal development, or to embed its resources into Moodle, create playlists and support students. We’d really like to learn about your experience of using Lynda since it was launched – so please take a couple of minutes to complete our user survey. Results from the survey will go towards improving and tailoring our provision of digital resources.
Never heard of Lynda.com?
If you still haven’t used Lynda.com you’ve been missing out! Nearly 3,500 staff and students have used it since we launched, accumulating over 4,000 hours of instructional time. Lynda.com is available anytime, on any device, and as well as supporting your own learning it is possible to share courses, create playlists, and embed courses into Moodle – all helping to support the learning of students and staff.
With Lynda.com you get:
- Unlimited access – Choose from more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics.
- Relevant recommendations – Explore the most in-demand skills based on your interests.
- Expert instructors – Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning – Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources – Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows.
- Relevant content – Map content to support the learning of your students and staff.
For further information: